KULUR: (1888)

Address : Kulur P. O. Mangalore 575 013
Phone : 0824–2458996; 8277939356

Catholics : 2052 Families : 546

P. P. : Rev. Vincent D’Souza (Sr)
(from 2017 onwards)
Phone : 09656284084, 8547284084
Email : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Samudra Tare Convent
Superior : Sr Veera Santhanaz UFS
Kulur Post, Mangalore - 575 013, D.K.
Phone : 0824-2458705, 9480300799
Email : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


1. Kulur Church Hr Pry School

2. Kulur High School
    Phone : 0824-2458313


Former Priests :

P. P. : Rev. Harold C. D’Souza (till 2017)



Fr Muller, the pioneer Jesuit  priest and the founder of Fr Muller’s Hospital used to  reside at Kulur.  At that time, Kulur was under the Cathedral parish.  Fr Muller used his bungalow as a Picnic Spot for the Jesuit priests.

In the year 1854 a small thatched hall was built at a distance of 3 furlongs from the present church.  Frs Muller and Pagani used to celebrate mass here from 1855.  The local Hindus burnt the hall but the Catholics rebuilt it.  In 1860 government donated the entire hill to construct a church.

A chapel built in 1871 was served from the Cathedral till February 9, 1888, when it was constituted into an independent parish with Fr J.M. Masse as its first parish priest.

The new church built by Fr Santhan B.C. Lewis was blessed on April 6, 1920.  A well was dug by Mr John F. D’Lima in memory of his father Santhan D’Lima on March 23, 1947.  The presbytery was renovated and inaugurated on October 15, 1990 during the time of Fr J.S.T. Rodrigues.  The existing belfry was also built during his time.

Fatima parish at Thannirbhavi was erected on May 16, 1950 by separating a portion of Kulur close to the coast.

Fr Lawrence Noronha began Kulur Higher Primary School in 1891 at the bungalow of Fr Muller.  In 1895, he put up a small building for school.  Fr Reginald D’Lima started the Kulur High School which was inaugurated by the Bishop on June 1, 1962.  Fr Maurice F. D’Souza has constructed the new school building and a multi purpose hall.

Home | AboutNews | Contact | Sitemap

Copyright ©2014 Powered by eCreators

Contact Us

Bishop's House,
Mangalore - 575 003
Phone: 2440524; 2440525; 8277937782

E-Mail: [email protected]