Parishes

INDUBETTU:
(1955) ST FRANCIS XAVIER

Address : Indubettu, Bangady P. O.
Via Belthangady 574 214
Phone : 08256–274225; 8277939342

Catholics : 258       Families : 67

P. P. : Rev. Stephen D’Souza
(from 2017 onwards)
Phone : 9449690942, 9900548942
Email : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

 

Former Priests : 

P.P. : Rev. Fr. Simon D'Souza (till 2017)

 

HISTORY:

Originally Indubettu was a part of Belthangady parish.  Long before 1917, mass was being offered at the house of Mr Louis Lobo.  In around 1917, Fr Gaviraghi sj, who started the mission station bought land from Mr Salvadore D’Cunha and used to offer mass here in a thatched house.  Because of the long distances the parishioners had to travel to reach Belthangady, Fr A.J. D’Silva constructed the presbytery in 1931 and started constructing a chapel in 1937, which was completed by his successor.  This chapel was served from Belthangady for about 18 years.  It was made independent and on  April 2, 1955,  Fr Elias P. Dias was appointed as  the first parish priest.

Fr Elias P. Dias ( 1955-1962) built the present church, the electrification work was completed by Fr Lawrence D’Souza (1981-1988), the presbytery and belfry were built by  Fr Leo William Lobo (1991-1997) who also provided the sound system and sank a borewell.  The Grotto and the Arch were completed by Fr Joseph Mascarenhas, who arrived as the parish priest in 1997.  He who also built 2 houses for the poor.

Fr Joseph is the 8th parish priest since Indubettu was erected to the status of a parish.

Home | AboutNews | Contact | Sitemap

Copyright ©2014 www.dioceseofmangalore.com. Powered by eCreators

Contact Us

Bishop's House,
Kodialbail,
Mangalore - 575 003
Phone: +91 824 2440524 (4 lines) 2447933, 2420517
Fax 91-824-2444035

E-Mail: [email protected]