Parishes

FARLA: (1994) OUR LADY OF VAILANKANNI

Address : Pallotti Ghar
Farla, Navoor P.O, Bantwal-574 211
Phone : 08255-286274; 8277939335

Catholics : 1015         Families : 219

P. P. : Rev. Claudy Stany Vas SAC
(from 2018 onwards)
Phone : 7899070237
Email : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Religious House for Men:
Pallotti Ghar
Farla, Navoor P.O., Bantwal 574 211

Institution:
St Jacob’s Hr Pry School.
Ph : 08255-316805

 

Former Priests :

P.P. : Rev. Paul Coutinha SAC. (2016 - 2018)
P.P. : Rev. Fr. Manohar Joshly Noronha, SAC (till 2016)

 

HISTORY:

Fr Benedict Monteiro, a Pallottine Priest who wanted to establish a Pallottine House came to Farla and built the  Shrine of Our Lady of Vailankanni and it was blessed by the Bishop on May 31, 1993. Farla became an independent parish on December 8, 1994 by the decree given by Bishop Basil D’Souza with 130 families from Agrar and 6 of Allipade parishes. The new church building was built by the first parish priest, Fr Benedict Monteiro (1994-1999) and was inaugurated on May 1, 1997 and blessed by Bishop Aloysius P. D’Souza.

Fr Valerian Fernandes is the 3rd parish priest of Farla.

Home | AboutNews | Contact | Sitemap

Copyright ©2014 www.dioceseofmangalore.com. Powered by eCreators

Contact Us

Bishop's House,
Kodialbail,
Mangalore - 575 003
Phone: +91 824 2440524 (4 lines) 2447933, 2420517
Fax 91-824-2444035

E-Mail: [email protected]