Parishes

(As per 2018 update)

FAJIR (1841)
OUR LADY OF MERCY

Address : Phajiru P.O.
Via Mangala Gangothri 574 199.
Tel. : 0824–2235402

Catholics : 2170 F: 504

P. P. : Rev. Sunil Joseph Veigas
Tel. : 9449064867
Email : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Convent:

1. Mother of Mercy Convent 6
Superior : Sr Vijaya D’Souza (UFS)
Phajiru P.O. 574 199
Via Mangalagangothri D.K.
Tel. : 0824-2235527, 9481393728
Email : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Institution:

St Joseph’s Hr Pry School
Tel.: 0824-2235625

 


(As per 2017 update)

FAJIR: (1841) OUR LADY OF MERCY

Address : Phajiru P.O.
Via Mangala Gangothri 574 199.
Tel. : 0824–2235402

Catholics: 2170 F: 504

P.P. : Rev. Valerian Pinto
Tel. : 9448770305

Sub-station:
Infant Jesus Chapel, Pavur Uliya

Convent:
1. Mother of Mercy Convent 6
Sr Vijaya D'Souza (UFS)
Phajiru P.O. 574 199
Via Mangalagangothri D.K.
Tel.: 0824-2235527, 9481393728
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Institution:

St Joseph’s Hr Pry School
Tel.: 0824-2235625

 


(As per 2016 update)

(1841) Our Lady of Mercy

Phajiru P.O. Via Mangala Gangothri 574 199.
Tel.: 0824–2235402

Catholics: 2170     Familes: 504


P. P. : Rev. Valerian Pinto     Tel.: 9448770305

Sub-station:
Infant Jesus Chapel, Pavur Uliya

Institutions:
1. Mother of Mercy Convent     0824-2235527
2. St Joseph’s Hr Pry School     Tel.: 0824-2235625

 


(As per 2014 update)

Our Lady of Mercy, Fajir

Fajir, Phajiru Post, Via Mangala Gangothri 574199
Tel : 0824-2235402

Established in: 1841
Catholics: 2470          Families: 510

P.P. : Rev. Fr. Stany Pereira

HISTORY:

    Once this was a part of Ullal (Panir) parish. Fajir church was built at the time of the Padroado controversy in about 1838. In 1841 parishioners revolted against the jurisdiction of Verapoly and erected a pandal at Fajir for religious services.

Fajir became an independent parish under the Patriarch of Goa. In 1867, Fr Anthony Coelho became the first parish priest. The construction of the church was begun in 1867 and completed in 1882. Fr Cherubim Cossessao Fernandes constructed the dome of the first church.

In 1886 Fajir came under Mangalore diocese. Fr Joseph Menezes renewed a portion of the church in 1909. Fr Francis S. D’Souza built a chapel at Ammembal in around 1911. Fr Salvadore C.A. Rodrigues began the construction of a chapel at Mudipu Holy Hill, but could not complete it. In 1955, a portico to the church was built during the time of Fr Piadade N. Pinto.

Fr Rosario Fernandes built the new presbytery which was blessed on May 14, 1963 by the Vicar General Msgr W.A. Lewis and the church was blessed on December 7, 1967.

Fr Gregory Serrao, the 24th parish priest of Fajir, constructed the belfry and Fr Victor Gerald D’Souza, the church portico.

Fr Joseph Menezes began St Joseph’s Primary School in 1904 and Fr Gregory D’Souza built the extension to the school.

Home | AboutNews | Contact | Sitemap

Copyright ©2014 www.dioceseofmangalore.com. Powered by eCreators

Contact Us

Bishop's House,
Kodialbail,
Mangalore - 575 003
Phone: +91 824 2440524( 4 lines) 2447933, 2420517
Fax 91-824-2444035

E-Mail: [email protected]