BELLOOR: (1920)

Address : Thenka Belloor P.O. 574 219
Phone : 0824-2278144; 8277939319

Catholics : 910 Families : 220

P.P. : Rev. Patrick Sequeira
(from 2019 onwards)
Phone : 8861269135
Email : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Religious House for Men:

Badakabail, Polali P.O., Bantwal Taluk -574 219
Rev. Reginald D'Mello OP
St Dominic School (CBSE) – Badakabail
Phone : 2266524, 849592473


St Joseph's Convent
Sisters of St Joseph of Chambery
Superior : Sr Jacintha Cutinha
Phone : 9561528642
Near St Dominic School,
Badakabail, Polali P.O.,
Bantwal Taluk -574 219


1. St Michael’s Hr Pry School
2. Kuriyala Aided Hr Pry School


Former Parish Priests :

Rev. Peter Aranha (till 2019)



Belloor was formerly a part of Omzoor and Bantwal parishes.  A thatched roof building was built in 1920 by Fr Marian S. Fernandes  to serve both as a chapel, and a school.  The parish was formed on May 16, 1920.  Fr Aloysius Marcel Pinto was the first parish priest, who built an extension to serve as the sanctuary.  During his time, a granite stone foundation was laid for the new church.
Fr Paul D.G. Rego built the new church and the presbytery, which was blessed and inaugurated by Bishop Fernandes on May 18, 1932.  Fr Marcel Gregory Menezes built the church portico.  Fr Gregory L. da Cruz built the main Altar, belfry and renovated the presbytery.  Fr Albert G. D’Souza built the Grotto in 1954, and Fr Valerian Rodrigues built the present belfry.   Fr Paul D’Souza has extended the presbytery.

Fr Paul D.G. Rego also constructed the Elementary School building, which was later upgraded to Higher Primary School level by Fr Anthony Noronha.  Fr Marcel Gregory Menezes constructed the new school building.

The church manages and runs St Michael’s Aided Higher Primary School and Kuriyala Aided Higher Primary School, Kuriyala.