After completing his primary education at Agrar, Aloysius Paul D'Souza joined S.V.S. High School, Bantwal. It is here that he nurtured the desire of becoming a priest. God Gifted Louvie as the sixth child to the Late Mr. Mathias D'Souza and Late Mrs. Izabella D'Souza was born on 21st June 1941. He hails from a family with Clerical and Religious background, Hekkottu near Bantwal. His elder brother is a Missionary Priest and his elder sister is a Missionary Nun and his two nieces are Nuns.
- He was ordained on 3 December 1966.
- He served as an Assistant Priest in Holy Cross Parish, Cordel till 1970.
- Then he was appointed Secretary to the Bishop of Mangalore.
- He went to Rome to do his doctoral studies in Canon Law in 1971. He successfully completed his studies and he became the Advocate of Rota in Rome.
- He was back to Mangalore in 1976. He was appointed Chancellor of the Diocese and Judicial Vicar of the Diocesan Tribunal.
- He was appointed Parish Priest of St. Rita’s Church, Cascia, Mangalore City in 1987 and he continued to be the Chancellor and Judicial Vicar.
- He was appointed first Diocesan Rector of St. Joseph’s Interdiocesan Seminary, Mangalore.
- He was elected Auxiliary Bishop of Mangalore on 11.1.1996; Ordained Bishop on 15.5.1996. Since Bishop Basil S. D’Souza passed away on 5.9.1996, he was elected Administrator of the Diocese and he was appointed Bishop of Mangalore on 18 December 1996 and was installed in the Diocesan Cathedral on 27 December 1996.
The Bishop is accepted by the people as People’s Bishop. He lives true to his Episcopal Motto, “With the Compassion of Jesus Christ”. He is kind and compassionate to his people.